Wednesday, March 24, 2010

reflection on book talk

okay so from my book talk yesterday, i think i did pretty good.
I liked how i told my summary of the book, it wasn't long nor short.
The imagery passage that i read was nice, but i think i could've thought of a more descriptive passage. My visual aid was enough to get my audiences attention, in my opinion. The universal theme i came purposed could have applied with many other things so that made it seem easy, but is easier for me to apply it with another text. The questions also asked from ms. crabtree was average questions i seemed to have difficulties trying to answer, perhaps i was nervous or didn't think about the book, palpably. I think i should be prepared when given questions, by asking myself what the audience would ask me, so i could answer it ahead of time. So i won't have to repeat the statements i made, i should state my statements clearly and understandably. Maybe even say a conundrum to break the ice between audience and speaker, so i can possibly relate to them more too.

No comments:

Post a Comment