Friday, April 16, 2010

oh finally

okay so my book !
"Grapes of Wrath" oh my, the beginning was not for me.
i could not understand it. but now that i am reading more of the book and coming to understand it.
its well written and perhaps exciting.
in the book Joad is visiting his old house where his parents live.
he finds out that they aren't there along with the old pastor, Casy.
His feelings are filled with anger. I think that it was very mature of him not to throw a fuss and a tantrum.
I think some connections i have the main character is that i can get mad easily, but can control myself to not be aggressive.
I like how the main character is so welcoming when it comes to friends, when he sees them he greets them and spends time with them.
I also like this other character who is so persistent is staying at his home even though the banks tried kicking him out already.
the character stays firm and in control of his thoughts.
I like how the story continued on with the story line instead of going to a one page description of what could be a literary device such as imagery and symbol.
Then that one page description applys with the story line, making it very difficult to read, because i do not know when the story line is in the mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment